Saturday, January 28, 2012

My obsession with Trail Cameras

I love the outdoors and being able to just get away from it all. Luckily I live in Salt Lake City, Utah and within 30 minutes I can do just that; get away. I love being able to hike deer trails and see where they take me and to just sit and enjoy my surroundings.

I grew up hunting and fishing and it seems as if I don't get to go out very often but who does?? A couple of years ago my dad and I began using trail cameras for scouting our "honey holes" for the fall hunting season and we have been addicted to the hobby ever since.

Looking back it is kind of curious on how the technology and cost of the trail cameras have changed. You can buy the same trail camera that I had for half the price if not more. Trail cameras are becoming more advanced while the size is getting smaller and the longevity of battery is increasing...

It is the middle of winter right now and I'm going to have to wait until I can set up my trail cams for at least a couple more months. In the mean time I will post regularly some pictures from the past to try to help me cope with my cabin fever...

This is a picture that was taken off of my Dad's trail camera. We knew there were bears there but never saw them ourselves until...






 

No comments:

Post a Comment